"What are some quick tips to get an edge over my dad who keeps beating me?"
-Here you go kid:
1. Get the Kickit up... that should (almost) always be your first objective. Redirect the Kickit up in the air immediately when receiving it. This then gives you more time to adjust your body for a strike on the second touch. (*Hint: the higher it goes, the more time you give yourself to react and get your body positioning right).
2. Treat the Kickit like you would when passing a soccer ball. Open up your hips and use the insides of your feet. Keep your heel down and toes pointed up. Lock your ankle and make a sweeping leg motion for optimal and consistent contact with the Kickit. (Hint: using the outside of your foot is a quick way to intro some swag into your game).
3. Using your head is a deadly weapon and we highly recommend it to score quick points. We know it's called "Kickit" but this is a game just like soccer where you can use ANY BODY PART ... except for your hands!
4. Make the court smaller for faster action and longer rallies. The closer in proximity you are to the net the more fun and competitive it can be. (Hint: this is an underrated tip. Seriously, take a second and try this. For real.)
5. Just remember there is really only one rule to (rule them all). And That rule is this... don't just "kick it", Kickit! You get to define what that means. If it means 'no rules, anything goes to keep it alive', so be it. Don't be afraid to mix it up and create new games and challenges!